My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 22 September 2012

Chelmsford Cathedral, Hatfield's Horses and Bush End Flowers

Up in Essex for the weekend (it's a concert on Sunday).  I went to Chelmsford searching for camera bags - successfully....

On Pete's recommendation I visited the Cathedral... it was lovely!!




































Beautifully sunny day, but there was an Autumn nip in the air... and I'm not complaining!!

From there, I wandered off to Hatfield Forest. - Horse drawn carriage rides being the attraction of the day.









A very young man deciding one of the horses needed a meal!






Ok... that was a very pleasant walk and lunch was a Pig in the Poke (sausage in a bap) - very nice!

Deciding it was time to head back I left.  A few hundreds yards along from the Forest's car park I passed a sign stating the St. Johns Church (Bush End) was open for Autumn Flowers.  So I stopped for a look.









A varied day in lovely sun... as for tomorrow?  The storm clouds are gathering... watch this space :)

2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

You have such wonderful churches over there. Lovely horses. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

Station Cars said...

Some lovely photos - especially the one of the roof rafters towards the top. And the stain glass window - always difficult to capture.

Related Posts with Thumbnails