My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 25 July 2019

Worthing Crematorium for a walk on 24 July 2019

My blogs posts are somewhat intermittent at the moment and out of sequence,  Yesterday I went for a walk at Worthing Crematorium.  It's a beautiful place and very quiet.  My mother's ashes are scattered there.  In the Spring, the grounds are covered with a carpet of daffodils!  She and I used to go for walks there.  But I'd never really discovered some of the more hidden places.

Worthing Crematorium was opened by Worthing Borough Council in 1968.  The land and grounds are on the Muntham estate
















I came across a crop of Marjoram which was covered in butterflies,  in an area full of wild flowers.  The crematorium is also preserved for wildlife.




















2 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Beautiful butterflies and the trees to provide very welcome shade for you

Tricia Ryder said...

The number of butterflies was wonderful and yes, Simon, the trees were very welcome on a very hot day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails