My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 10 December 2011

WWT Arundel.. a very quick visit

Most of my time these days seems to be spent looking for suitable houses/bungalows/flats/maisonettes etc. for my next home. Today I've offered on a house and am now awaiting a visit by my surveyor. Watch this space!!

Between visits today, I managed a very quick visit to WWT Arundel. Not much about (I was advised) and I didn't have time to walk around much of the reserve.

This Blue Tit greeted me on the way in.


A bad picture, but a record of a Red Admiral in December when there was ice on most of the ponds!


A Coal Tit dropped in for a bite to eat

And the sun still has some warmth and great to have sunshine and blue skies!!


As I got nearer to home I stopped to admire the view..


and turned round to watch a Kestrel hovering high above on the other side...


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great captures Tricia.
Wish you luck on the new house.
Costas

holdingmoments said...

Good luck with the house hunting Tricia, it must be a nightmare.

That poor old Red Admiral looks like he's seen better days.

Roy said...

A Red Admiral in December, that was a find Tricia.
I guess he will certainly be hibernating any day now especially with this cold weather.

Ragged Robin said...

Some nice photos there Tricia and you are doing well with red admirals this autumn!

Good luck with the house hunting - hope you find somewhere really lovely.

Midmarsh John said...

The Red Admiral was looking a bit ragged. Amazing to see it in such temperatures.
At first I thought the buildings with a round roof were cottages but I guess they are posh hides.

Hop you soon find a nice new home.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the house-hunting. Hope this one comes through OK. That butterfly does look a bit worse for wear.

oldcrow61 said...

Good heavens, imagine, a Red Admiral in December. Lovely scenic photos as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails