My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Freezing fog, a cathedral town and some birds...

I woke to freezing fog.  So I headed off to Chichester for a particular shoe shop - which had closed and I was looking at an empty shop window.

As I drove to Chichester, it was caution for the first part of the journey - very very foggy.  I climbed over the hill and came down into brilliant sunshine.

Having had an abortive attempt at shopping I took some pics around the Christmas market and the Cathedral... having had my 'pocketable' camera with me..



















I then decided shopping was a waste of valuable sunshine and birding weather so headed off to Warnham LNR.  As I got over the same hill, I descended into thick fog again.

After a call at home for a quick lunchtime sandwhich, the fog cleared and the sun came out.

So - off to Warnham LNR

Whilst watching from the hide, I saw a fox on the far bank and a Kingfisher whizzed past.




Dozens of gulls....


All the usual culprits around the feeders... Great & Blue Tits, loads of Chaffinches, dozens of Goldfinches.  No Siskins or Redpolls today.. not many seen recently by all accounts.



and then a female Great Spotted Woodpecker arrived... nice one..





The occasional Greenfinch..



Quite a few Greylags about..


and on the way out, an obliging Robin

 and a few black sheep are being grazed there again this winter.


Didn't stop long as the sun was going and it was getting very misty and cold.

A Water Rail & a Goosander have been seen in the last few days.  Not by me today though.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails