My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Getting a bit stir crazy.. but a few minutes at Petworth Park

I really don't like this time of the year when we get endless day of.... grey and such short hours of daylight!!

I've been a bit house-bound over the last few days - not from choice - but today I just had to get out.  I managed about 3/4 hour this afternoon before the light failed, and headed of to my local, Petworth Park - for the wider view.

The first thing of interest was yew trees full of berries and.... fieldfares... I could see lots of movement in the dense growth and then managed to see a couple of them... wonderful sound..

There were very few people about, so felt as though I had Petworth to myself...








Apart from coots and tufties, there wasn't much other birdlife out on the lake..






And appropriately for this time of the year, huge clumps of mistletoe..






I wasn't entirely on my own  - I did have these two festive guys to keep me company.... :)


Not out for long, but so grateful to have 1/2 an hour out in the fresh air!!! 



1 comment:

Roy Norris said...

We have had some pretty awful days recently Tricia, very depressing when the sky doesn't exist, just grey all over.

Related Posts with Thumbnails