My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 14 September 2014

Stourhead - revisted....

After a great weekend down in Devon/Somerset we headed eastwards to home - stopped at Stourhead for a visit en route.  Lots of grey cloud about, but nonetheless, it's a beautiful place to be.
































































There were no scones when we got into the cafe; but after a request the plate was replenished!

Regrettably they weren't that good ;( bit on the dry side and very heavy... I couldn't finish mine so we left some for the birds... who were noticable by their absence..


But we had a inquisitive visitor...





and then off.... one of the worst journeys on the way back... the main road I wanted was closed due to an accident earlier that morning.  So at a roundabout I headed south and finally got home after a detour.  It took me round the Salisbury route..  one I'm familiar with from when my daughter used to live down that way..

Never mind tho, still was a great weekend... thanks as ever, Pete..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails