My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 4 September 2017

Overbecks and Dartmouth Castle

Well despite sunny intervals being promised, they didn't appear ...
I headed off for Overbecks.... you drive down from the hills through very very narrow roads and hairpin bends.. my reversing skills are quite honed as a result.

The views were wonderful.. would have been helped by blue skies and sea but hey ho...
Overbechs is a quirky garden built on a hillside and subtropical... amazing plants grow which confirm the mild climate!






































I decided I wasn't that hungry as as the scones looked a little uniform in shape.. (perhaps not freshly baked by the NT) I decided to eat at my next stop  which was

Dartmouth Castle.. which has, for over 600 years guarded the entrance to the River Dart estuary...  It's a beautiful spot and sunshine would have helped




WOW sun and blue sky.. I sat and had a drink and a piece of cake for lunch and the sun was hot!!


and then a wander around the very small part of what is left ..






the views down to the bay below were rather dramatic..





Looking down on St Petrox church




There is a ferry that runs across the Dart from the Castle to Dartford.. and although I didn't want to go there today I decided that getting the ferry would be a good way of see the river.. it was!!


















A mermaid!!

and finally back to the Castle..

another pleasant day out.. but could I have SOME sun please..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails