My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 16 September 2017

The Vyne and West Green Gardens - revisited

I'd seen on the National Trust website that you could go up the scaffolding to atop the roof at the Vyne.. so that decided me where to go today.

A wander along to the house.. it had started to rain!! not forecast!!








There was a lift!! to take you up to roof level. I took the lift up and walked down







Amazing to be looking down on chimneys!!







I then went for a short wander









and into the house as soon as it opened.  Only the ground floor is available given the roof repairs.. and some of the rooms are being used to house the furniture etc. moved down from the floor above!!
















A pleasant scone for lunch..

and a walk through the grounds 




via the Walled kitchen garden







and I then popped over to The West Green Gardens.. I'd visited both these places in May of last year.. when it was a bit warmer..

There used to be 2 red dragons here.. but they were get old and worn and so were removed.  I rather like the 'topiary' in it's place though


































Good day out.. pity the sun wasn't more in evidence though

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Noticed today that there was a drake mallard out of eclipse, either that or he had stayed randy late!

Related Posts with Thumbnails