My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 12 December 2017

West Dean Gardens and Benbow Pond

After two days of being stir crazy not getting out (given the awful weather), after a medical appointment  which didn't give me what I wanted to hear, I wanted somewhere relaxing and calm... Off I went to West Dean Gardens.

It was very very cold, but the sun was shining which lifted the spirits.. and managed to find several Redwings feeding  which was good to see



















Leaves frozen in time ...































Lunch... Masham joing Billie and Frank...

On the way home I stopped at Benbow Ponds in the Cowdray Estate.

The pond was almost entirely frozen over still.. just odd patches of water




Amazingly the entire very late family of Egyptian Geese were all still present and correct!!







Must explore this area more for walking... a pleasant day out..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails