My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Birds on the beach....

I went in search of the Snow Bunting at Goring Gap today... and dipped.. as did others. BUT it was a glorious day and it was sunny and it was warm!!

As I loaded the car, the house sparrows were calling and the Starlings were looking dapper in the sunshine.





I headed off for Goring Gap.  The Snow Bunting was nowhere to be seen.. there were about 4 other birders there and no sighting by them either.  This time 15 Brent Geese were on the flooded field together with numerous gulls as usual.

I decided a walk on the beach was called for and donned the Wellington boots!

Several gulls, Sanderlings and a flock of Turnstones.  The light was very bright and difficult to get the sun behind me for most of the shots without spooking the birds!













From there... a quick trip down to Widewater.. but it was quiet..



and finally, a visit to WWT Arundel.. and ah.... my ears reminded me... it's half-term!!

but noneetheless it was good to watch a Buzzard circling high above

A pair of Bullfinches had been see... I managed a shot of the female buried in the bushes, but the male was not to be seen.



and a couple of female pheasants were having a dust bath!

Home to try and source relevant company to give me a gas supply!! Not an easy task!


2 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

You may have dipped, but you sure did get great shots of other birds! I would love to spot these beauties down the road:) Glad you had fun!

Ragged Robin said...

Some wonderful photos there Tricia. Isn't it wonderful to see some sunshine? :) Good luck with the gas supply!

Related Posts with Thumbnails