My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 13 June 2014

A full moon for Friday 13 - but a funny old day....

Funny old day.

Last night there was an amazing moon known as the Honey Moon - more info about it here

Managed a picture with some difficulty....  I thought the colour was wrong at the time of taking the picture but I now know it wasn't...


Today I headed off for Warnham which was very quiet - Got camera out and - no SD card - so glad I had a spare camera with me!!

Not far from the Great Crested Grebes' nest (but a very long distance from my camera!) was a rather large Terrapin.. hope the chicks are going to be ok.


As I stood looking for dragon flies, a family of three Green Woodpeckers flew past me as speed.  One landed on a post but before I could get the camera on to it... it decided to leave... a record shot of a departing woodie!!

Home for some lunch.  I then decided to have a visit to Pulborough... but very quiet and the heat was very unpleasant so I called it a day and came home.

Funny old day really..... well, tis Friday 13th!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails