My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 27 June 2014

Black-necked Grebe family at RSPB Rye Meads

Up in Essex I popped in to Rye Meads.  The Black-necked Grebe family of 2 adults and 2 young ones have now decided to go behind the island... so I was very lucky that in the time I was watching, they decided to put in an appearance.

Pity I couldn't arrange for them to be nearer or for the very dull light to be much better but, hey, first time I've ever seen these birds, let along photographed them.



A couple of very young Black-headed Gulls..




From the Kingfisher hide... a wood pigeon

and a Green Woodie... the kestrels had also been about but didn't pose long enough.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails