My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 1 June 2014

Lazy Sunday but first stop Pulborough Brooks..

I woke to glorious sunshine again.  I was meeting my daughter and grandson for lunch on the pier today so thought I'd leave a bit earlier and have a walk around Pulborough.  Bird song was wonderful, Whitethroats, Blackcaps, Dunnocks, Chiffchaffs and all the usual culprits.  Heard 2 different Nightingales.  Water fowl numbers are fairly low at the moment, but given the time of year, not too great a surprise.

A few bunnies again.... some don't seem to mind sitting still to be photographed..




No birds posed for pics today - nesting on their minds, no doubt.

There were 3 Dock bugs on plants near the visitor centre.
(Thanks Maurice, for the bug ID)


 There's an airfield near the reserve, so nothing unusual to see light aircraft .... or...

gliders being pulled by the above,

In this pic, you can see the pilot!

And then down for lunch... as we came out the clouds were gathering, but nothing sinister in terms of the we stuff.

After a bit of shopping, being very lazy, I headed off home... for a date with my book.

2 comments:

bailey1409 said...

Hi Tricia

Just to say that the picture stories of your outings are very good indeed. Like being taken out on a tour.

I think that your shield bugs are Dock Bugs.

Cheers

Maurice

Tricia Ryder said...

Hi Maurice... good to hear from you again

Thank you, as ever, for the ID of Dock Bugs and for your kind comment...

I don't think I've come across Dock Bugs before so great to have a 'newbie' :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails