My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 2 November 2014

A visit to autumnal Winkworth Arboretum on a very warm 31 October day!

A couple of days ago I paid a visit to Winkworth Arboretum to see some autumn colour.

Some fungi about at least.. haven't seen much so far this autumn.






Rather like this carving on a tree.  The National Trust seems to be producing more wooden carvings at various of their properties.








I broke my walk for something to eat at lunchtime.  The cafe was incredibly busy and the staff working flat out.  The fruit scone was excellent and, in a moment of madness, I added jam and cream to my scone today.  Hey ho, the diet starts after my Cotswold hols in a couple of weeks time.

































There are two of these seats... rather clever design..

And near the Mr Fox memorial was another seat with a .. fox at either end.













 Lovely day in the warmth and sun....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails