My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 3 July 2015

A local Vineyard.. my first visit.. Nutbourne Vineyard..

I've been meaning to visit Nutbourne Vineyard for sometime now.. and today I made it!!

The vineyard itself has wonderful over the South Downs.. and the vineyard is pretty picturesque too.







The 'sales' shop is in a converted windmill.  And I must say I was very well looked after by a knowledgeable lady on my visit today.  Had some tastings of some of the wines.. difficult to decide which I liked the most..... only  sip or two but....  some of Nutbourne wines have received gold awards...









There was an emphasis on wooden carved birds.. this one was by, I assume, the bar-b-q area...





I just love that in the New Zealand vines area, each row of vines, has been marked with a rose bush.


So did I make a purchase... or two.. or xxx ?  ;)


So combining my favourite and much loved flower - the Rose...with some new wines to try... not a bad local visit :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails