It was cold and bright, but with mist rising off the river..
Marble Hill House on the other side of the river.
Lots of tufties about..
Ham House was built in 1610 - and occupied by William Murray and his family.. the house being a gift to him from Charles 1... the two had been close friend from boyhood.
AS soon as the cafe opened, we stopped by for a very nice scone!!
A great deal of the furniture and paintings are those that existed and some pieces of furniture are in exactly the same place as they were in the 17th century!
Lunch was going to be soup but it wasn't ready.. so a hot sausage roll and a cuppa before driving back.. Lovely day with some unexpected sunshine.