My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 3 June 2017

Arundel .. a walk and some birds

Decided to go to Arundel today; it's only 4 stops on the train.  My original intention was to wander about the town.  But I decided that a half-hour walk each way in glorious sunshine to the Wetland Centre might be good.

Not long out of my local station, a Red Kite soared above me.. glorious site at any time!!

Ponders came with me... gazing from the train window



All pics today taken with a "point and shoot" . I still can't lift the dSLR.. hopefully will do soon!!

And then the walk from the station with glorious views of the Castle

and the River Arun as it runs through Arundel




A walk alongside the stream to the WWT..

A family of 3 young cygnets


There were 2 pairs of Mandarins






Ponders enjoyed the peace and tranquility..



Very odd colouring for this Mandarin. I can only assume it's going into eclipse..





and young Greylags at the Wetland Centre





Collection Birds






and a mallard with two young ducklings




time to wander back to the station..



I'd bought a sandwich which I sat and ate with views of the Castle..







view up the High Street

and over the bridge


to get the train home... gorgeous day..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails