My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 22 June 2017

St Michael's Mount and Gweek Seal Sanctuary

I wasn't sure whether to join the organised outing with the coach today or be independent.  However, after a fairly sleepless night I decided the coach option would be better.

And I was very glad I chose that; we were scheduled to drive to Helston with, hopefully, 'views' of St Michael's mount.  However, the causeway was open and we had a very willing coach drive so we stopped there for a couple of hours; certainly long enough to walk to the Mount and have some time there.

Walking along the causeway to the Mount


whilst walking saw 3 Little Egrets and a couple of Oystercatchers..












Time permitting I would have walked all the way up to the castle on the top... so a good reason to go back when I'm independent

























I was well back on the mainland by 12.30 when the tide was scheduled to come in.. the causeway then disappears under the incoming tide.  Some people got very wet feet having left it a bit late!!

 A final view..

and then on to the Seal Sanctuary .. I visited there about 19 years ago when my daughter & grandson lived nearby... not much has changed but some improvements made..



Lovely views of the river though..





Was glad I went otherwise I would have missed out on St Michael's Mount ... somewhere I've always wanted to visit.

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

It's very beautiful, and I think egrets are the whitst white in the world

Related Posts with Thumbnails