My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 11 August 2017

Blenheim Palace.. and the sun shone for a bit


Today I went to Blenheim Palace - last time I visited it was pouring with rain and I've always wanted to go back to discover more.

The sun shone this morning.. which was great.

























Walked a fair distance to come to the Cascade..




 Walking along the lake saw Great Crested Grebes, at least 4 Little Egrets, about 3 Coromorants and  couple of Grey Herons.. various gulls and about 8 Terns... which I think are Common Terns... didn't take my binocs!!





























I then caught the train to the Pleasure Gardens.. primarily of more appeal to children, but there was a butterfly house..







A butterfly emerging!!

These two pics taken through glass..


Very pretty birds .. finches of some sort in the Butterfly House..








Enjoyable visit and lot of walking which was great!!  I was going elsewhere later but it really clouded over .. so back to the Hotel.. good day out..









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails