My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 18 August 2017

Sheffield Park Gardens and Winkworth Arboretum

It's one of those days where I couldn't decide where I wanted to go...

I headed off to Sheffield Park.... drove through rain, sun, wet roads that became dry roads...  odd weather for August.

Today Fido was going out with brother Fergus and son Flynn - so the 'favourite' tree for a picture



There were various information points for children during the summer holiday..



As I walked to the lakes, the Mallard 'meeters & greeters' approached... the were about 20 of them..


Water lilies everywhere on the lakes..but not so many flowers now..


and today we also had Falmouth..




















And then I decided to go to Winkworth Arboretum.. by now lunchtime so a very good fruity scone was had for lunch

























Finally climbed back to the top again... pleasant day out and the sun was more evident as the day went on..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails