My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 19 August 2017

Cuckmere Haven & Batemans House & Gardens

Didn't know where to go today and the weather looked promising.  I headed off to Cuckmere Haven.. often good for birds but not really at this time of the year

About 5 Little Egrets around in different places.. several gulls and a few Cormorants and a couple of Pied Wagtails... and that was about it.

I walked right down to the sea.. good to stretch my legs!!






















By now I was getting peckish.. so where to go?  Decided I'd to to Batemans House and Gardens (home of Rudyard Kipling) as it was .. moreorless.. on my way home

There's an airshow at Eastbourne so I don't know if this plane was part of it.. also don't know what it was!! It's a Catalina!!.. and lives at Duxford Museum -with thanks to friend Rebecca for the info!!



So a scone for lunch... very nice..

and a wander





































 Pleasant day out and great to get some exercise..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails