My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 22 August 2017

British Wildlife Centre


I've passed the British Wildlife Centre many many times.. so today on an impulse I decided to visit.

I was impressed.. all the animals were very well looked after.. all mostly rescued animals.  Their habit was good and general feel of caring from all the staff.

Every 30 minutes there is a talk about a particular species; all those I attended were informative, factual and enjoyable.

I would recommend a visit.

Red Fox







Red Squirrel.. just wouldn't pose!!

Adder

Scottish Wildcat.
All pics taken through mesh fencing.. so a bit blurred in places.




This is a family of four Otters.. who were adorable and entertaining..





Fallow Deer




together with Red Deer





and a Polecat.. very skittish



and a lovely talk about Hedgehogs.. with this rescued Hog.. who has never curled into a ball.. so cannot be released into the wild..


A most enjoyable visit.. I may go back in the Autumn..

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Laughing at the wildcat jumping!

Related Posts with Thumbnails