My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 1 July 2018

Nymans Gardens, and a fond farewell.

Today I was attending the wake of a good friend who sadly passed away last week.  I was due there at lunch time, so I headed off to Nymans Gardens first.  I had 'breakfast' of a scone when I arrived.



and then a very slow wander around the gardens.. My car was showing 23 degrees heat - at 10.00 o'clock when I arrived.  As I drove home later in the day, it was a very stuffy 30 degrees


















































And then on to say goodbye.  B was always the life and sole of a party and great fun.  He had stated that he did NOT want a funeral but wanted a party for all his friends to get together and have a great time.  The venue was attached to a sheep farm, and over the years some unused barns have been converted for weddings/wedding receptions and the like.  His partner, L did him proud..and we had a great time sharing happy memories.  He would have loved to have been there, and was probably looking down wishing he was having his usual good party time.




Brian loved blowing bubbles.. so what did we all do?....

Amazing gate!!




Au Revoir Brian.... you were always such great fun!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails