My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 16 August 2018

Memories and an anniversary..... Barrington Court and The Blue Pool...

Three years ago today, Mum left us... it still feels like yesterday.

We spent many family holidays in Dorset in the Studland Bay & Swanage areas.. and my memories are of very happy times.

More recently, Mum and I spent many holidays in the Devon/Somerset/Dorset areas.. one of her favourite places was Barrington Court.. and especially the White Garden..

So despite the torrential rain as I left, I headed off for ... Barrington Court.

The rain stopped as I got nearer and the sun came out.. the temperature rose... I'd like to that Mum knew where I was and had 'arranged' some sunshine for me...













The White Garden....


















I had a very tasty scone before I left... despite the lack of any label, I think it was Cinnamon & Fruit.. it was excellent... in fact 5 star!!

On the way back I stopped at the Blue Pool in Wareham... somewhere I'd never been before.

It was rather beautiful ..  the pool in a wooded area with some huge trees.













This was a disappearing Little Grebe!!..




I stopped at Clouds Hill on the way back (the home of D.H. Lawrence) but...the tiny car park was full and no suitable place in the road to part... so... on my list for my next visit.

A good day out.. would have been wonderful to have had Mum to share it with again.. hey ho.

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Ponders gives not a fig for swimming regulations!

There's some massive vegetables growing there

Related Posts with Thumbnails