My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 12 August 2018

Montacute House & Garden and strolling Dorchester

A week or so ago, in a mad moment, I decided to book myself into the place I stayed in April.  There are a few places I want to visit that would benefit from better than April weather... Hmm...

OK - so I left in pouring August rain (given the wall-to-wall sunshine we've had for a few week's previously) ... So.. decided to stop first of all in Somerset with a visit to Montacute House & Gardens with its Elizabethan architecture and lovely gardens!.. Well, I should have been enjoying the scent of roses.. but the weather was not permitting










Seeking shelter






















Well, given no water, then no swim for Ponders :)






















A huge scone and a cuppa for lunch



and then I headed off for a wander around Dorchester... it was still raining!

Someone has placed a fluffy Rabbit on Thomas Hardy's knee....rather fun I thought :D

 












I walked right down through the high street to revisit the river... no time (or weather) to have a wander along... that could be a visit for another day


Seems this is where the Mallards hang out...




And then, off to where I'm staying.... a welcome cuppa from my hosts as my room wasn't quite ready..

and breathe!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails