My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 23 February 2008

Frogs!

Looking back on my garden wildlife records, I noted that on 20 February last year, the first frog spawn arrived. Not so this year, but then the pond was covered in ice for two or three days leading up to 20th!

Yesterday evening, I recommenced my "pond watch" and at approx. 7.00 p.m. I observed 5 frogs in the pond. Great, they're back. I had wondered if the neighbours' removing their pond during last summer would have an effect in reducing the numbers.

It would appear not. Tonight's check also found me 5 frogs but tonight there were definitely two pairs and a solitary frog.

Frogspawn by tomorrow morning? We'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails