My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 24 January 2010

Another dull one - almost

It is intended that parking charges are to be introduced (later this year) for Bushy and Richmond Parks. I, along with several hundred other people, are incensed by this. I shall be carrying out more research and will report back.

It was to visit the visitor centre in Bushy Park today to find out more info. that set me off on my walk. The sun was glimpsed, albeit too briefly, and then things went back to uniform grey.

A Black Headed Gull was calling very noisily as it watched from its high perch.
It had its beady eyes on the Grey Heron below..

The gulll then proceeded to undertake several fly pasts, dive bombing the Heron on each flight!

I wandered through the Woodland Gardens and, much to my delight, found a small clump of snowdrops in flower. Not quite opened up yet but nonetheless - snowdrops!!

And further along, a Camellia was in flower - I've seen this one before but it's still producing several flower buds.


Not a long walk and when the parking charges come in..... then it may be even shorter :(

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Snowdrops at last Tricia. Lovely.

Chris said...

Hi Tricia,
Wow the black-headed gull bombing on the grey heron is quite impressive! And wow you are already finding blooming flowers... See the beautiful days are slowly coming!

Linda Yarrow said...

Hi Tricia, It is lovely to see the Snowdrops. They are growing in my garden and all with white buds. I think my Snowdrops are going to be good this year, a lot more flowers than previous years.

Wilma said...

I am very envious of your snowdrops. We won't see our first flowers for almost more months. :-(

oldcrow61 said...

The snowdrops are lovely. I envy you your winters.

ShySongbird said...

Poor old Heron, standing there minding its own business...

How lovely to see the Snowdrops, that has to cheer us all up :)

Warren Baker said...

Poor old Heron, they always get a mobbing.

Good to see the Snowdrops, mine are at the same stage in the garden, ready to burst open!

Yoke, said...

Lovely post, Tricia and great pictures as usual. Soon you'll showing us an close-up of the Snowdrops, perhaps?

Parking charges in Bushy? That will work against getting people to walk more! Not a very smart idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails