My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 30 August 2010

Checking up on Great Crested Grebe youngsters.

I had to go to Tesco's today which is on the way to the London Wetland Centre. I was driving along when I had a call from someone commented about Little Grebe pics!! That reminded me that I hadn't been to check on the Great Crested Grebe chicks at Painshill for a couple of weeks. Shopping done, I headed off to Painshall Park.

They were all still there but interestingly, two young ones with Dad and two with Mum in another place on the lake altogether.

These are record shots only as they seem to stay in the middle of the lake... very sensible until I want them closer for a photo-shoot!!


One parent with two of the young..


who was fishing for a meal for them... didn't seem to catch much though.

The other two young ones..

1 comment:

holdingmoments said...

They look big enough to survive ok now Tricia.
I'm lucky enough to have quite a few on my local lake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails