My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 30 November 2011

London Wetland Centre... and a seaside sunset

The weather threatened rain on the south coast today so, in a moment of rashness, I decided to head inland to old haunts.

I started off in Barnes... nothing very near to photograph..
My first siskin of the season... female

and for old times' sake :D

A crow sat aloft...

but not for long..

"Be afraid, be very afraid" ...!!

Green Woodie just wouldn't play ball for the camera..

and a Grey Heron decided it didn't want to be photographed either!

Cormorants preened..

The view as you enter the reserve..

and I always like this view as you cross over the first bridge..

The plan was to go into Kingston-upon-Thames to visit a particular shop... I headed up the ramp of the car park... several cars queueing so I turned round and gave that up!!

Where to now? I was getting hungry and wanted to visit Bushy Park.... I got nearly there and - STOPPED!! There had been an accident early morning on the M3 and this had caused a traffic back up for miles around... I couldn't get across the roundabout to Bushy so..... I headed back down south... still hungry.

Stopped at Warnham nature reserve for a quick bite and then headed back towards home. I took a detour around the Shoreham area looking at it as a potential area to buy a house... not that good for me.

But on the way back and travelling westwards I was heading into the setting sun. Managed to park the car before I lost all the light and took some pics of a still very turbulent sea around Worthing Pier.





1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Fabulous pictures. Love the crow ones.

Related Posts with Thumbnails