My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 11 January 2013

Just pottering and a quick visit to Arundel WWT

I find this a strange time of the year.... it's a while before the holiday season starts - or so it seems.  Can't really settle to anything at the moment... however...

I went over to Angmering to see if the reported Waxwings were about.... couldn't see or hear any... which is a shame.  So after some necessary shopping I visited WWT Arundel.  The flood waters have receded considerably but it was very quiet.  Saw a perched Kingfisher but miles away from the hide - but another year tick.

Just a few pics...




Pity I couldn't get a better background for these seed heads..

 



Dunnocks were singing the trees and chasing each other about!


Viburnum flowers very obvious

Couldn't resist - I know they're 'collection birds' but love their markings!


the sun was out intermittently -  when I got home it was low in the sky and the church spire (seen from my window) was 'glowing'


keeping everything crossed that the forecast snow and sleet doesn't arrive.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swans make such pretty photos

Wendy said...

Glad to see you had at least a bit of blue sky and sun. Lovely pictures as always.

Tricia Ryder said...

Terry - yes I agree... so photogenic

Wendy, thank you - just a little sun but it made all the difference!

Wilma said...

The first shot is so marvelous with its silvery sheen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails