My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 29 May 2014

Chichester Cathedral Flower Festival 2014 ... an explosion of colour and creativity!

A spur of the moment decision, and I headed off for Chichester Cathedral for the 2014 Flower Festival...  and this year's theme?  'The Music Makers'

quote:

"This majestic nine hundred year-old Cathedral will be transformed with over ninety stunning arrangements, all following the theme of the Festival's title: The Music Makers. A dazzling array of imaginative and beautiful flower designs will interpret twelve centuries of music: from pop to plainsong, classics to jazz, sacred to secular."
It was a very grey day as I arrived.... but..



I found the shop to buy my ticket.. great  - some still available..

along the cloisters






and then into the Cathedral

what can I say.... flower arrangements is a totally inadequate expression of what I saw... it was jaw-droppingly amazing in the sculptures of flowers - I just wish I was back there.. there was so much to take in...

I shall say no more except, enjoy!










This, probably one of my favourites!




This entitled 'Stranger on the shore'









'Swan Lake'



























































































Amazing... I would love to go back and take it all in again :D

So much talent!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

What a beautiful and amazing display of colour and photos :) I'd have spent hours there. Truly stunning. Lovely photos - thanks so much for sharing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails