My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 8 February 2018

Arundel WWT .. in brief

Was in the area of Arundel this morning, so called at the WWT.  A great deal of frozen water - birds on ice!!  The sun was great - the temperature when I left home this morning -2.. which gradually increased to +3 as the day went on!!



A long-tailed tit that wouldn't pose



And sightings of 3 different Goldcrests.. this was the only one that was in a reasonable place to photograph.. not brilliant shots but the best of many!!


Teal on Ice!

Shelduck on Ice



and swimming Greylags




Good to have a wander in the "fresh" air and great to see the blue sky!!

4 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Great shots - but your shovellers are shelduck! They look puzzled by the absence of wateriness

Tricia Ryder said...

All birds today looked a little puzzled.. and yes thanks.. I'd realised I'd had a senior moment and corrected it; but grateful you spotted it.. hate getting things wrong!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I was about to point out that what you refer to as Northern Shovelers are in fact Common Shelducks, but I see that someone already beat me to it. Nice series of images, however.

Tricia Ryder said...

Hi David.. thanks for visiting and for your comment. I had already amended my blog to read Shelduck.. but thanks for your observation!

Related Posts with Thumbnails