My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 2 February 2018

Warnham LNR - quiet and brief visit


Was meant to be meeting my brother this morning; but he called off sick with a cold!!  Didn't sound great when he rang

So off to do some food shopping and then came home via Warnham .  All was quiet.

 Looks like the male Mute Swan has found a mate.. the original female and his partner, died last year unfortunately.

Little Egret hidden in the grass... best shot I could get!





2 Male, and 1 Female Pochard about

loads of Tufties


an obliging Nuthatch plus the usual culprits around the feeding station. - was quiet when I got into the hide, but rumours of a recent sparrowhawk visit might explain it!!

and finally home... not the day I'd planned... but lovely to get a bit of exercise at the reserve..

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I haven't seen any pochard this winter, disappointing. They are very handsome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails