My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 9 April 2018

Kingston Maurward Gardens

I left home a little later than intended but despite this the traffic wasn't too bad.  It was raining however so driving was a tad tedious.

However.. I arrived at my first stop... Kingston Maurward as I wanted to see the gardens... it's also an animal park, but only domestic animals, sheep, pigs, goats etc.

I started with a welcome coffee and then had a wander - with brolly up!!

I heard then saw my first Chiff Chaff of the season and not long after heard Blackcap.  Lots of bird song particularly wrens.. really cheery.














In an alcove.....keeping dry... Ponders & Fido

Great to see all the trees starting to blossum...













Into the Japanese Garden.










The lake is large..these pics don't do it justice...



















On the way out, there were lots of lambs in the field opposite.



By now getting hungry.. so popped into Athlehapton House & Gardens... for a bit to eat.  It was still raining.. I had a short walk, but will be going back later in the week.. so more pics then.



 And so, off to where I'm staying... it's now stopped raining and my hotel.. a small cottage hotel .. is really lovely.. there are lambs in the field opposite...


1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Yep, it's been exactly that kind of mizzle here - at least Ponders must like it

Related Posts with Thumbnails