My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 1 June 2018

Chichester Cathedral - Festival of Flowers

Every 2 years, Chichester Cathedral has it Festival of Flowers.  It never fails to amaze me of the spectacle I see.  The planning, composition, skill, and sheer brilliance of all those involved in the displays always leaves me speechless.  This year's was exceptional!!

This majestic nine hundred year-old Cathedral will be transformed with over eighty stunning arrangements all following the theme of the Festival's title: 'This Earthly Paradise'.  Emma Bridgewater, British Designer and Business Woman, whose distinctive ceramics have a world-wide following is the Patron of the 2018 Festival of Flowers.  She says: "I am really delighted to be involved with the Festival this year.  The theme - This Earthly Paradise - is both beautiful and spiritual.  There will be a stunning display, with over 80 arrangements celebrating many aspects of the history of horticulture, such as the early plant hunters and explorers through to contemporary conservation.  I feel a keen sense of anticipation already - for that moment when you step into the familiar majestic building, to find it transformed with flowers."

The camera is never a substitute for the real thing, but I just hope, through my pictures, you will be able to appreciate the artistry and skill of each and every display.

There are many pictures in this post.. being impossible for me to decide what to leave out.. and consequently, I didn't leave much out at all.



















































 Barley , Beer & Bread



Coffee..




Cotton


Wheelies, Wellies & Rubber Ducks








The Spice of Life



 Barley, Beer & Bread






















This really made me smile!!


The Herbs..









































































































I left in awe of the skill of all those involved in these most amazing creations.. thank you to you all!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails