My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 23 June 2018

Lost Gardens of Heligan & Mevagissey


The Lost Gardens of Heligan were rediscovered 25 years ago by a chance encounter with a door in the ruins... 25 years later they are blooming and a garden worth visiting.








The preparations for an event to be 'staged' soon









































Lunch companion!! there were several Sparrows in the tea room garden; also a family of Blackbird and a visit from a Song Thrush!!

I wandered through the 'farm' enclosures












and after a not-that-exciting lunch, I headed off for Mevagissey.. somewhere I've never been!  I managed to find a car park and was pleased there were a couple of free spaces.  So parked the car and headed off for a wander around the harbour.. very much a working/fishing harbour!!













There was a boat race just starting..indeed a "Gig Regatta" I believe this is a regular occurrence and one I need to investigate!












I had an icecream and sat and watched life go by...
A great day out... just so sorry to be going home tomorrow.. pity I had to lose a couple of days but I strongly suspect I shall be back to this area next year!!  So much more I want to do/see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails