My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 27 May 2012

First arrival... me at WWT Arundel

I headed off relatively early and got to Arundel at 9.00... bit early as they don't open till 9.30 more's the pity.  However when the doors opened I was the first through and it was nice to have the place to myself for a bit... a rare occurrence.

Not too much about but the youngsters were very evident.

Before I went in I heard Sedge Warblers and caught a glimpse but no more than that!

A black-headed gull was perching high up on a telegraph pole!


A pheasant youngster dived for cover as I approached

Bees abounded amongst the wild flowers

and a wood pigeon gathered nesting material

a young moorhen enjoyed a meal


and who do you think you're looking at!!


In one of the hides, a pair of Swallows were starting a nest.  I advised a member of staff at the visitor centre of this..




A proud mum...


Pretty colours!... Is this a stock dove?



Be afraid, be very afraid!




A pleasant morning...

2 comments:

Roy said...

Don't think its a Stock Dove Tricia, feral I think.
Lovely set of images.

Unknown said...

Nice compilation of images . Love the young Moorhen

Related Posts with Thumbnails