My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 5 May 2013

A Grebe sort of day...

Been a very bitty day today... which never seemed to get going.  I started off at Warnham LNR.. very quiet around the feeders.   Weather's been most dull although nearer the coast it did brighten up a bit with some welcome sunshine.

From the Tern Hide a brief glimpse of a Grey Wagtail, two Common Tern and a pair of Great Crested Grebes which were fishing - successfully!





The pair of mute swans are still on their nest on a small island

Grey Herons are nesting on site again - one high up at the top of a tree on the opposite bank.

This one looks like young one to me?




Not far from the heron was a much smaller bird which looked very like a Dunlin.. too well hidden for a picture which was annoying as I can't get a positive ID now... hey ho!

Not the best of pictures by a long shot, but long shot of the two Common Terns it is.. just a record.

I was not too far from Patching so I stopped by the lake as I'd seen nesting GC Grebes a week or so back.

They have now produced young.  as far as I could make out it was one... possibly two but no more than that!  Mum and babe(s) were far far away so, yes you've guessed, just a record shot.


And tomorrow... is another day... hopefully a better one :D

2 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

grebes are nice

Wendy said...

I had a 'grebe' day too, but mine were of the 'Little' variety. Looks like you had a great day. Im jealous about the Terns, they didn't show for me today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails