My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Daily exercise at Ferring Beach

I was very lucky today - after I'd waited in for sometime for a delivery, I managed to get out for some domestic shopping and then where.....?

The sun was shining and it was warm so I headed for Ferring Beach for a wander.  The tide was just going out and I first spotted this Dragon!!



Lovely view along the beach but there was considerable glare on the wet sand as the water receded



I then noticed this Egret on the shoreline - straight into the sun!!




As the tide went out further I managed to get round to the south side of it where it was a little easier to photograph



and then back along the beach to the car.

This all started as I wanted to go up the (river) Rife to look for the Yellow-browed Warbler - but the beach was too hard to resist.

Got a morning in again tomorrow... and the weather's not that promising... so my walk may be on hold.













No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails