My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 31 July 2014

A walk in the woods at Polesden Lacey

I met a friend of mine at Polesden today.  The sun was hot and we started walking down the hill and through the woods.

An Insect Hotel.. look just the ticket


This plant was everywhere and so pretty... if anyone can ID if for me I would be grateful?
  Gatekeeper I think?


The rose garden was full of colour and scent... wonderful...



















This lady was a senior person in NADFAS and told us all about how they are creating replica costumes right down to the last detail, and using all the same materials, for later displaying at Polesden... the costumes will be worn by people walking around the house and grounds.

2 comments:

bailey1409 said...

Hi Tricia

Your wild flower, I think it is wild thyme.

Cheers

Maurice

Tricia Ryder said...

Bill, yet again my thanks for helping for an ID. I'm sure you're correct having now googled Wild Thyme... thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails