My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 10 August 2014

Warnham... rather stormy!!

I'd been out this morning and part of this was a visit to Tesco's.  It was heaving with people so I abandoned that idea and came home  The weather was dreadful.

After lunch the rain stopped and the sun came out as forecast.  So getting a bit stir crazy I headed of to Warnham.. there were activities for children and glad to say with the sun, attendance was picking up.

There was a large Terrapin in the lake.. not a welcome visitor.  The 3 Great Crested Grebe chicks were still about and 3 adults.

Large Lady Bird - for the children :)

and the sun went, and the black clouds gathered!!






As I got near the exit, it tipped it down in stair rods.  There was a guy selling binoculars and scope under an awning.. I dived under that until it stopped.

This is the view over the lake... and

look in the opposite direction - seems like a different place altogether.

I cut my losses and headed off home - where the roads were bone dry and it had escaped the showers!!


1 comment:

oldcrow61 said...

Lovely photos as always.

Related Posts with Thumbnails