My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 25 September 2016

Flatford Mill on a sunny warm September Sunday

We went for a wander at Flatford Mill... bit cloudy to begin with but..









the sun came out..


Volunteers clearing the Mill pond..



Glorious sunshine, blue sky and fluffy white clouds..



No idea which this damselfly is?... Maurice?...


Red Admiral


A Blackberry and Apple Scone..

and an excellent Fruit Scone..

Lovely and very relaxed Sunday ..

4 comments:

bailey1409 said...

Hi Tricia

The damselfly could be a Willow Emerald, a recent colonist of that part of the country. It's one I haven't seen. Probably a new one/lifer for you.

Cheers

Maurice

Tricia Ryder said...

Hi Maurice and firstly, my apologies for my senior moment of originally spelling you name incorrectly.

Secondly thank you so much for the ID... I shall have a google and yes, it would definitely be a lifer for me if it is, as you suggest, a Willow Emerald.. thank you!!.. :)

bailey1409 said...

Hi Tricia

Don't worry about the spelling, I get "Morris" quite a lot, had it all my life.
And you can imagine the problems with my family name.

You did call me Bill once on the blog though. Oh Hum.

Cheers

Maurice

Tricia Ryder said...

I have no excuse Maurice, as my step-father's middle name was Maurice!! and did I really call you Bill?.. blushing like mad here..

Someone else has also said Willow Emerald.. I'm so pleased to get a lifer... so again, I'm most grateful :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails