My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 18 September 2016

West Dean Gardens and Warnham LNR...

I headed off for West Dean Gardens today in sunshine and warmth.. we're having crazy weather here

Sheep greeted me ..

















I'd forgotten the water dried up at this time of year.. I belief it's fed by aquifers up on the downs





And after a quick bite to eat I headed off for Warnham..

Lovely to see and hear this Robin in full voice..


And around the 'feeders' area.. a Chiff Chaff?... unless anyone has other ideas?...


Blue Tit


A few Long-tailed Tits visited but mostly in the deep shade!!

The Nuthatch was around..

and one Greenfinch..

A Grey Heron posed..

and the Kingfisher visited...


and two Little Grebes

and one or two Chaffinches...

Pleasant time out... and good to have the sun and warmth back..

4 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Looks a bit yellow for a chiffy, I'd hazard wood warbler

Midmarsh John said...

A lovely, varied selection of feathered friends there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia

I would go with Chiffchaff, black legs are a i.d feature of Chiffchaffs.

Cheers

Maurice

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks all... and thanks Maurice for help with ID as usual

Simon - I'm going with Chiffy.. they've never seen a Wood Warbler there and marking is slightly different?.. thanks though...

Related Posts with Thumbnails