My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 3 March 2018

Nymans Gardens.. after shopping.. getting warmer..

Had food shopping to do this morning.  The skies gradually cleared and as I went outside to get in the car, I noticed this posey Starling singing in the sunlight... 




I decided to stop at Widewater Lagoon, but didn't really stay, wish I had done, but there was a freezing wind and I had to be elsewhere.

There were 4 Mute Swans wandering around the grassy areas and

even wandering around in the car park. there was a lot of frozen water

Saw Teal and Shelduck.. but no pics.

After shopping I headed off to Nymans.
First stop, a fruity and excellent scone for lunch

The snow was still very evident or though very slushy now...



Camellias have really suffered in the cold weather






Lovely to find some colour







The colour of the heather is really cheery..

and daffodils



Cyclamen..














The Snowdrops are almost over now...

And by the time I got home it had started raining.. which has now washed away the snow here..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails