My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 19 March 2018

Polesden Lacey... in the snow and dark skies

I met a friend today, with the intention of going for a brisk walk and then lunch.  The weather was icy cold wind .. the snow had stopped.  it was icy and slippery underfoot so common sense prevailed and we didn't go for a longer walk . we kept to the gardens...







By the house, the daffodils and pansies were struggling to keep their heads up

The trees stood starkly from the white of the snow.. a photographic challenge.. I need to do better!!


Rabbit footprints..

Struggling daffodils


The first tulip I've seen in flower this "Spring"






Irises .. lovely colour to break up the white of the snow..

I thought I saw a smiling face..




The rabbit moved fast.. pity it had to stop by the sign!











Lunch.. a couple of (small) ginger and lemon scones... hmmmm... a little more ginger and lemon would have been nice..

and about an hour after I got home?  Blue skies !!! hey ho

Good day out with a good friend!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails