My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 28 June 2008

Poet Laureate in the family

On my return from Barnes, I found I'd been left a very precious present by my Daughter and Grandson.

"Little Laureate 2008 (Surrey)" is a book that has just been published by Young Writers. An extract from the Forward states:

Quote "This year's Young Writers competition has proven as vibrant and dynamic as ever.... Each poem has been selected from a wealth of Little Laureates 2008 entries before ultimately being published in this, our seventeenth primary school poetry series." Unquote.

This is one of the poems; I think it's great - it is written by my 10-year old Grandson :)who's appeared in many of my blogs.

What is a Star?
A star is like a diamond in the sky shining bright,
A star is like a ship sailing and shining through the night,
A star is like a ghost that fades in the day's light,
A star is a tiny sun shining in the high sky,
A star is a gateway to another world glistening and shining,
But everyone knows a star is a gateway to Heaven.

Well done young man - it's a beautiful poem and thank you both for the gift.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails