My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 20 July 2008

West End Cygnets - another update

I started this morning by doing some gardening; a few weeds less now and the grass edges trimmed ready for the mower. But - that's where everything ground to a halt as it was getting on for lunch time; a very black cloud was hovering; and I was getting hungry.

After eating, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to be industrious to went off for a walk on Headley Heath. Not much in terms of wildlife about and the view are mostly obscured now by the high-growing vegetation.

I'd noticed a sign for Cherkley Court Gardens so on my way home I popped in for a leaftlet. I shall definitely be going for a visit very soon - watch this space....

My final stop was at West End, Prince of Wales Pond to check on the progress of the cygnets that were hatched on 27 May 2008. And they are now much more adult shaped compared to when they were cute, fluffy and were only one day old

A parental stretch...



2 comments:

Tom said...

Nice posting loved the pictures of the youngsters.

Cheryl said...

Aren't they beautiful.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails