My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 16 July 2011

Small and new birds

Well it's been a week since I took and posted, any pictures. Think I'm suffering from bloggers block again and I don't quite know where time goes at the moment.

I saw a family of Goldcrests the other day... whizzing through the trees (the birds, not me!) First time I've seen youngsters. One perched for at least 2 seconds and I was lucky to get a shot.

Later on a family of Long-tailed Tits flew through

Over in Bushy Park in the sunshine, insects buzzed about..


The squirrel was having a feast and the ground below was littered with dropped nuts!

A family of mallards sat by the edge of the water - Mum had her "wings" full with a family of 7.



Today I went over the Barnes; it poured with rain; I got soaked and had to come home to change.

Later on there was a dry spell so I had a quick visit to Painshill.
Much to my surprise a couple of Great Crested Grebes were on a nest and one egg was very visible. Don't know if there were any more as they were too far away.





The female seemed to have something wrong with her right wing and was constantly preening it - it appeared to stick out.

And with that the black clouds gathered again so I called it time and finished my walk.

It would be good to have some drier weather tomorrow please :D

2 comments:

Ian said...

Love the portrait of the squirrel and enjoy your wildlife blog
Ian

oldcrow61 said...

Wonderful pictures as always. I love that thistle. I know what you mean by writers block. I feel guilty this days that I'm not blogging more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails