My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Trying out the Panasonic 14-140mm lens on moving subjects

My car's in for service today; fortunately I have a courtesy car... I need (amongst other things!), new brake discs and they weren't going to be delivered until sometime this afternoon.  So I'm now picking up my car tomorrow.

So I had a quick nip over to RSPB Pulborough Brooks to try my new lens on moving subjects.  The camera and lens are not of dSLR capability but nonetheless I was quite pleased with the results.

If you have a comment, please feel free to leave it.
Pictures taken with the Panasonic G5 and 14-140mm lens.

One of a few white Doves around the feeders.

A rather bedraggled Robin...

View from just outside the visitor centre




and this Migrant Hawker (?) was darting about... occasionally another one joined it..  I sat for quite sometime (Pete would have been impressed with my patience)... but it paid off in the end.

So... I'm reasonably pleased with the end result!


On the way out, a Blackbird was sunbathing...

but it was soon chased off and a rabbit (not a well one I think!) took over the sunbathing spot

A resonable result from testing..

2 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Very impressive results. Especially the flying dragon. Not easy.

Midmarsh John said...

Brilliant shots of the flying dragons Tricia.

Related Posts with Thumbnails