My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 6 March 2015

A local Church - St Peter ad Vincular and village..

I'd been out this morning to Nymans (a post for another day) and it was pretty cloudy.  After a brief visit to home, the clouds cleared and sun appeared against a beautiful blue sky.

I'd often driven through a local village but never stopped..  but always wanted to see more.  The village has a pond with Mallards and, I think, a solitary Runner Duck, and a church perched on top of a hill.

So this afternoon I decided to explore.  It's really very pretty.

The Church is St Peter Advincular 































2 comments:

Amanda Peters said...

Bet you are glad you stopped as it looks a lovely place. Hoping to visit more churches this year and discover what nature is living amongst the grounds..
Amanda xx

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I had to look up a "runner duck", turned out it was what I suspected. My step-gradnfather used to refer to them as "Chinese Soldiers" for some reason

Related Posts with Thumbnails